Offshore WINDPOWER 2021 Conference and Exhibition
Omni Boston Hotel at the Seaport, Boston, MA
Wednesday, October 13, 2021
- Friday, October 15, 2021
Offshore wind is America’s next major energy source, representing a generational opportunity to create jobs and bolster the economy. It is an abundant clean energy solution for large population centers looking to source more of their power from clean sources, and falling costs make it increasingly economical.
Two million acres of federal waters in the New York Bight, California, North Carolina and South Carolina could be auctioned for commercial leases in 2021, and areas in the Gulf of Maine and in California could be auctioned in 2022. This activity could generate over $1.5 billion in U.S. Treasury revenue.
Did you know?
• Offshore wind development could attract $57 billion of investment into the U.S. economy by 2030.
• Offshore wind could create 83,000 new well-paying jobs by 2030.
• There are more than 27,000 megawatts (MW) of offshore wind potential under development on the East Coast, and there is room for further opportunity.
• States have established more than 29,000 MW of offshore wind procurement targets to date.
• Developers plan to bring 9,100 MW of offshore wind online by 2026 by developing 13 offshore wind projects.
Offshore wind is a once-in-a-generation opportunity, and its momentum forward continues leading into ACP’s Offshore WINDPOWER Conference & Exhibition this fall. The event has cultivated a dedicated and thriving global community of top developers and experts. As more steel goes in the water, this event will only continue to grow in value and scope.